Here is what John Garrett pledges to do
before, during, and after his time with you:
In preparation, I will
- Be available to discuss how I can customize my performance.
- Know what your organization does and why it does it.
- Partner with you to make sure your event is a success.
- Know the theme of your meeting and weave it into my presentation.
- Coordinate with the speakers bureau to assure your goals are met.
- Notify you in advance of my travel itinerary.
On site, I will
- Notify you when I arrive on site and contact you immediately should any serious delays occur.
- Be accessible to you from the time I arrive until I leave.
- Be honest 100% of the time.
- Get plenty of sleep the night before my presentation.
- Be reasonable and considerate in my use of room charges and incidental expenses.
- Be in the meeting room for a sound check well before the time of my presentation.
- Coordinate with the set-up crew and other presenters to make sure my needs coordinate with everyone else.
- Stay out of the way until it is my turn to speak.
- Study your audience and the other speakers to call back to their messages where appropriate.
- Be dressed appropriately, always one step more formal or business-like than the audience.
- Provide an easy, brief introduction and be available to coach my introducer.
- Make suggestions to the crew as to how to maximize audience impact through creative use of lights, sound or staging.
- Be in the room, seated and visible to you well before my introduction begins.
During my presentation, I will
- Deliver my presentation with energy and purpose.
- Never use off-color language or material.
- Stick to my time frame and adjust if needed.
- Interact constantly with the audience.
- Where appropriate, present well-researched, profound information.
- Create some genuinely hilarious moments that your audience won’t easily forget.
- Use appropriate slides and audio clips or video clips to enhance the look, feel and impact of my presentation.
- React maturely, good-naturedly and flexibly to any problems that arise. This includes: audio, visuals, lights, sounds, emergencies, etc.
- Never be rude to an audience member.
- Allow for questions and comments from the audience during my presentation.
- Summarize my points and give ways to remember my key points.
- Relate my points to your organization and people.
- Never turn my presentation into a sales pitch.
- Only offer my recordings if approved or requested in advance.
After my Presentation, I will
- Stay around to briefly answer questions or hear comments.
- Check out and depart with minimal effort to you.
- Promptly fill any orders for my products.
- Sign up audience members for my email newsletter to continue both the laughter and the learning, if desired.
- Suggest strategies to continue the impact of my message during your follow-up.
- Never disclose any sensitive information about your organization.
- Be willing to accept personal phone calls or emails to follow up on the presentation from individual audience members or executives.
- I will work hard to deliver an exceptional presentation in a highly professional manner.
Sign up for news & offers about John's upcoming book
Sign up now and you'll even get 3 free tracks from his comedy album currently heard on Sirius|XM Radio.